SunOS 4.1.3 binaries & Solaris 2.5.1

Michael Hanratty hanra001 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Wed Apr 2 16:42:00 EST 1997

In message <1997Apr02.103700.1036.666587 at ponyexpress.uwyo.edu>  writes:

> Trying to get SunOS 4.1.3 GRASS binaries working
> under Solaris 2.5.1, since an earlier message suggested
> this might be easier than compiling GRASS source.
>
> When starting GRASS the GIS.sh script has problems
> with ~/etc/lock and ~/etc/gis_set, then has problems
> with g.gisenv.  Error messages are hard to understand,
> but GIS.sh clearly has problems with these.
>
> Any idea what's wrong?

The first thing I'd check is the permissions on the ~/etc directory.  Make sure
you have read-write permissions.  If that's not it, any suggestion I'd have
would be very speculative.

Mike

Michael Hanratty                           Phone: (612) 627-4590
St. Anthony Falls Laboratory               Fax: (612) 627-4609
Dept. of Civil Engineering
University of Minnesota
Mississippi River @ 3rd Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414