Applying GRASS technology

Yoshiro Nagao nagao at warp.or.jp
Mon Apr 14 13:34:57 EDT 1997

>By the way, we would appreciate it if you would let us know what you do or
>intend to do with GRASS as this makes it easier for us to show that our
>efforts here in providing public domain software has value to others.

Thank you very much for your detailed comment.

I myself do not have any intention to start venture business.

I just worried that
   if a single company had the exclusive right to improve
   GRASS's source code, we(users) would be unable to modify GRASS codes/scripts
  nor can we purchase other GRASS-related products.
(E.g., I would like to buy windows-based GRASS  which I can customize with
Visual Basic, if such a prosuct exists.)

I am working for International Centre for Medical Research of Kobe University.

I am now just studying if GRASS can be applied to the field of medical
decision-making, e.g. optimizing logistics of medical resources in the case
of natural disaster, epidemic, e.t.c.
(The earthquake which hit our city spurred interest in GIS in Japan.)

Dose anybody have any hint?

nagapee at kobe-u.ac.jp
nagao at warp.or.jp