Linux binaries and libcurses

root root at mandolin.qnet.com
Tue Aug 5 10:20:31 EDT 1997

I obtained the Linux ELF binaries and installed them, and when
I try to run grass, I get the error:

/usr/local/grass/etc/gis_set: can't load library 'libcurses.so.1'

Apparently, grass is looking for an obsolete libcurses.  Does anyone
know what to do about this?  Do I hunt down an old version of the
libcurses?  Does recompiling under Redhat Linux  with gcc require
extensive source code modifications?  I tried linking to the libcurses
on my machine, libncurses.so.3.0, but it garbled the screen.

Thanks,

Bob Harrington