Linux elf binaries? Recent linux binaries?

Bob Harrington bob at news.qnet.com
Sun Aug 10 16:56:47 EDT 1997

In article <m0wwli7-000IRFC at electra2.netpci.com>,
Alan Eugene Davis <grassu at cecer.army.mil> wrote:

>I'd appreciate advice as to whether the 4.1 binaries for linux are up
>to date, or where to get them.  Is there any need to try to compile?
>Is it hopeless to try, for a non-programmer?

I'm interested in the answers to these questions too.

I have the linux 4.1.5 binaries that are on moon.cecer.army.mil
installed, and with the help of this list installed a compatible libcurses.
The current problem is that "d.mon start=x0" results in the error:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  78 (X_CreateColormap)
  Serial number of failed request:  78
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!

Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Harrington