runoff

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Aug 19 22:19:38 EDT 1997

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Scott O'Donnell wrote:

(deletia)

> I expected much more from a numerical hydrologic model located at
> the "moon" site.  By the time I developed these opinions, I felt I
> had too much time and effort committed to my project to start
> over, so I'm working through the stuff the authors didn't get
> around to dealing with.

That's probably why it's in the contributed code, not the main or alpha
release! Seriously, I think your experiences are an example to other GRASS
users of why _any_ GIS algorithms should always be questioned,
particularly in free software that doesn't have any kind of official
support mechanism. It's the old adage, "You get what you pay for", at
least most of the time.   :-)
	-Malcolm Williamson