Digitizer problem, please help

Christian Kernbach kerniebc at cetus.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE
Fri Aug 22 01:44:23 EDT 1997

>Hi everybody,
>
>I can´t setup my Digitiser going under Grass. I deja read all manpages and
grassu mailings but it still doesn´t work. Perhaps someone can help me.
>My settings:
>
>I am using Grass4.1(A.Holz CD).
>My platform is Suse Linux 4.4.
>The Digitiser is a Calcomp Drawing Board III (Din A2(24*18''); Modell
Nr.:34240) with 16 button-mice.
>The board is connected to ttyS1(com2).
>Under Linux I can use it as a Microsoft Mouse.
>When I´m running the calcomp-digitizer diagnostics I get the following
message:

>#######Now opening digitizer on /dev/ttyS1
>
>#######       CALCOMP DIGITIZER
>
>#######     X           Y        Key #  reads:   good       bad     none
Nread
>#######Place cursor on tablet.          BUFFER: ''
>
>Then nothing happens until I press some mousebuttons:
>
>#######HOLD:  We are out of sync with the digitizer.
>####### Trying to recover
>.... and so on.
>
>When I choose the calcomp digitizer in v.digit the program quit after
writing the ´plus´file.

>Following some advice from a mail in grassu [grassu/2116.html],
>I set the board up as follows:
>
>Bank A: 110001001101011101
>
>Mode: run 11
>Increment: none 00
>Prompt: off 0
>data rate: 40 pps 100 (though this may be emulation specific)
>resolution: 1000 lpi 110
>emulation: Hi Res binary 23 10111
>Line feed: none 0
>databits: 8 1
>
>Bank B: 001100000000000001
>
>Baud rate: 9600 001
>parity: none 100
>pen drive: low 0
>commands: use 0
>ESC: no 0
>click: no 0
>pressure: off 0
>height: off 0
>tilt: off,off 00
>mouse: no 0
>proximity high 0
>CTS enable on 1
>
>Thanks for every help.
>
>Christian

                                 \\\|///
                              \\  ~ ~  //
                             (  @ @  )
 --------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------------------------------------

Christian Kernbach              e-mail:  kerniebc at sp.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE
Gruenberger Str.22
10243 Berlin
Germany

DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq,
Tandy, and  millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70
million  machines in use worldwide.  Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may
note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers
alone do not denote a higher life form.

	New York Times, November 26, 1991