mapgen how to!

Stephan Eickschen eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Tue Dec 9 10:12:26 EST 1997

Hi Jill-

About one month ago you tried to help me with my mapgen problems, do you
remember? I had some troubles with my work during the last weeks, so I
couldn´t go on with it.
Well, I think that I have lost your last answer. So here is my last
question again. Maybe you could please "reconstruct" your answer?

Regards

	Stephan

> Hi Jill-
>
> I have fixed some of the problems: I am running tcsh, so in mapgen4.1,
> l245 "csh" hat to be replaced by "tcsh". After that, the search path
> and the prompt was as expected. But there is still a problem with the
> executables in $GIS/mapgen/interface - as you´ve mentioned, they are
> compiled for sunos 4.1.3, but not for IRIX5.3 ...
> Is there a possibility to get the source code??? I couldn´t find it at
> ftp://ftp.nrcs.usda.gov/centers/itc/applications/mapgen/, and - as far
> as I know - they do not belong to the USGS release, do they???
>
> Regards,
>
>         Stephan

Stephan Eickschen                     Tel. : +49 (0)251 83-34704
Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet   Fax. : +49 (0)251 83-36100
Institute for Geophysics
Research Unit of Physical Glaciology  email: eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Corrensstrasse 24
48149 Muenster