r.le release 2.2 beta

William L. Baker BakerWL at UWYO.EDU
Tue Dec 9 15:18:48 EST 1997

The r.le programs are a set of programs for analyzing
landscape ecology measures, such as size of patches,
shape of patches, fractal dimension etc., but also
include measures of landscape texture, diversity etc.
useful in remote sensing.

The version 2.2 beta release includes numerous bug
fixes, the addition of circular sampling units as an
option, and a few other minor enhancements.  This
release works under Solaris 2.5.1 as well as SunOS
4.1.3, but has not been compiled under other UNIX
operating systems or Linux.  I would appreciate
hearing if there are problems under other operating
systems.

To download the rle22sol.tar.Z file containing the
source code and installation instructions, please
go to my web site:

http://www.uwyo.edu/A&S/geog/default.html

then click on Faculty, then William L. Baker and follow
the directions there for obtaining the file, documentation
etc.  Of course, since this is a beta release, I expect
some problems, bugs, etc.  Please send information
about problems to me by e-mail.

William L. Baker
Department of Geography & Recreation
University of Wyoming