d.mon not working some help needed

J.KRISHNA KUMAR 17013 at stdn.irm.ernet.in
Wed Dec 17 23:11:39 EST 1997

I have been trying to get d.mon to work on my
Linux Red hat 4.2 distribution and Kernel 2.0.30
the Xwindows display is working fine I have taken a Generic Monitor
the error message that comes, is when i start GRASS and give d.mon
THE MESSAGE IS AS FOLLOWS

XError of Failed Request :Badmatch (Invalid parameter Attributes)
Major Opcode of failed request :78 (X_Create Colormap)
Serial number of failed request :30
Current serial number in output stream :31
Error starting graphics monitor

Is it some problem with my X-windows.. for it seems to be working
fine and other application are running fine on that..

Please direct your help to 17013 at stdn.irm.ernet.in
cheers
and thanks for the help
krishna kumar