v.to.rast not working!!

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Fri Dec 19 06:47:43 EST 1997

Hello all

We recently compiled the floating point code for grass and am trying to convert
vector files to raster files. First we import them from ArcInfo using v.in.arc
and all seems to work fine with that command. However, when we run v.to.rast,
on each pass of the program we get the following warning:

	WARNING: Calling G_set_window() in the middle of writing map soil

The program still continues and eventually finishes, however when we display
the new file with d.rast nothing appears on the screen and d.what.rast
indicates that all values (I assume this since I didn't check each cell) are
Null and contain no data. Note that we used the vector map to indicate the
correct part of the map.

For what it's worth the warning is generated from

	$GIS/src/libes/gis/set_window.c (function G_set_window)

and G_set_window is called from

	$GIS/src/mapdev/v.to.rast/raster.c

The data is fine since we converted the same file from ArcInfo to vector to
raster using the original Grass code (ie without the floating point code) on
another machine. This produced a correct raster map.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is wrong? Has anyone experienced this
problem before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and
effort in this matter.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th