Floating point exception

Adalberto da Silva adalbert at iag.usp.br
Thu Feb 6 09:41:17 EST 1997

Hello,

	I'm trying to run s.surf.tps under Linux. I'm using Andreas Holz's
compilation.

	When I run s.surf.tps and fill in with requested information (in this
case a site file with 150 thousand records extracted from a digitized
topographic map and the default parameters) I get the message:

	>Floating point exception (core dumped)

	Using s.surf.idw it seems to work but as fast as a snail (I aborted
operation when it had calculated about 50 ou of 6,000 lines! And  my
Linux box is a Pentium 133 with 64 Megs...

	I read some messages concerning the same issue apparently under Solaris
but I don't know what can apply to my problem.

	Thanks,

	Adalberto da Silva
	Instituto Astronomico e Geofisico - USP
	Sao Paulo - Brazil