postscript output

David L. Certain dcertain at ou.edu
Mon Feb 10 14:28:57 EST 1997

Dear GRASS Users,

I recently posted a message asking for help with a problem I am having printing
a postscript file created with ps.map.  Thanks to those of you who responded.
Progresss is being made.  I now know a little more about my problem and would
like you to consider the following situation:  When printing my .ps file using
the entire region of my study, my output is jumbled and mostly unrecognizable
(e.g. polygons are not closed and are out of place, lines are disjointed,
etc.).  As I print from smaller and smaller regions of my study area (using
d.zoom to specify a new region and re-running ps.map) the output gets closer
and closer to a coordinated image.  Finally, when I reach a certain region size
(scale?) everything comes out juuuuust right.  Why can't I get good output when
printing from the whole region?  For those of you that missed my last message
it may be important to know that I am using an x,y coordinate system.  Any
suggestions would again be greatly appreciated.

David L. Certain
Graduate Research Assistant
Oklahoma Biological Survey
111 Chesapeake St.