displaying maps from multiple grass locations

R.A.Sanderson R.A.Sanderson at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Feb 20 06:57:59 EST 1997

Dear GRASS users

This is probably a trivial question, but how do you display maps in a
location other than the one you're working in during a GRASS session?
(Apologies if this question has been posted before.)

For example, we have a location 'UK' covering the whole country, but we
also have locations for various regions within the country.  Sometimes I'd
like to display one of the maps from a regional location whilst I'm running
GRASS in the UK location.  The clumsy way of doing it is to export the map
using r.out.ascii from one location, then re-import it with r.in.ascii into
the other location, but this wastes both time and valuable disk space.  Any
suggestions for better methods? Thanks in advance for your help.

Roy

Roy Sanderson
Centre for Land Use and Water Resources Research
Porter Building
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU