Calcomp Drawing Board III

Steve Moore SWMGR at miamiu.acs.muohio.edu
Wed Feb 26 17:25:10 EST 1997

We have a Calcomp Drawing Board III hooked up to a Sun Sparc 5 which is
running Solaris 2.5 and Grass 4.15.  Can anyone suggest what calcomp
digitizer driver we should use?

Also we are unable to start a Grass monitor from an Xserver which is
running CDE as the window manager.  If I issue the following command
once grass has started: d.mon start=gisx1 I get the following error:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  78 (X_CreateColormap)
  Serial number of failed request:  267

Our monitorcap file has entries like this:

 gisx1:driver/XDRIVER:X-term display (gisx1): \
      /opt/grasstest/dev/fifo.1a /opt/grasstest/dev/fifo.1b \
      ::any terminal

and these work fine for Xterminals but not Xservers.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Steve Moore - Software Coordinator
              Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
              (513) 529-1452