Calcomp Drawing Board III (and colormaps)

Angus Carr apcarr at FLASH.LakeheadU.CA
Wed Feb 26 19:33:50 EST 1997

The color map problem you describe is a common one. You must use XDRIVER24
to operate grass on a 24bpp display. The 24bpp display will not do a
colormap, no matter how hard you try, so it returns the error cannot
create colormap.

The display works on the Xterminals because they are mapped color
displays.

Good luck!

Angus Carr
Masters of Forestry student