XDRIVER24 (was: Calcomp Drawing Board III)

atlas.il.nrcs.usda.gov!gomlra3!ohler atlas.il.nrcs.usda.gov!gomlra3!ohler
Thu Feb 27 08:58:00 EST 1997

 Steve --

  I went through this just recently.  As Angus suggested, you
 can use the XDRIVER24 for 24 bit graphics; however that will
 not allow you to switch to float colormode. A second solution
 is to switch X from default of 24 to 8 bit mode when starting
 the window manager. I am using openwin, so my .login file uses
 the following line to start openwin:

 /usr/openwin/bin/openwin -dev /dev/fb defdepth 8

 Other applications (notably GRASSLAND) may also malfunction
 under 24 bit graphics and benefit from the switch to 8bit.
 Note that if you are also using Arc/Info the documentation
 says it requires 24 bit graphics on sol2.5.

Eric Ohler
USDA-NRCS