What is the latest version of GRASS?

Pat Luther pluther at usit.net
Thu Feb 27 10:18:46 EST 1997

Dave:

The last offical release of GRASS is 4.1.  USACERL did not complete 4.2
before ending GRASS development/support.  I am providing GRASS support
from AEgis services in Clinton, TN, but I do not currently provide
development of the software.  I formerly worked at USACERL.  Rutgers
university provides GRASS 4.1 code on tape/cdrom, as well as manuals,
etc.  I do not know of anyone who is developing source code.

Pat Luther

At 05:37 AM 2/26/97 -0800, you wrote:

>What is the last official release of GRASS?
>
>GRASS4.1 has been out for a long time.
>Did CERL release a GRASS4.2 or ??? before ending the project?
>
>I haven't been following things, but I assume CERL has stopped
>supporting GRASS as of the summer of 1996 as planned, or am I mistaken?
>Is anyone else trying to coordinate things?
>
>                                           Dave Mandel

> David Mandel, Linux Activist             dmandel at transport.com
> Internet Provided by:   Transport Logic         (503) 243-1940
>               Serving the Pacific Northwestern USA
> Portland  *  Vancouver  *  McMinnville   *   Salem    *   Bend

Pat Scarbrough Luther		"Your dream is the gift of
AEgis Services Corporation	your own soul.  But if it's
P.O. Box 160			promise is to be fulfilled,
Clinton, TN 37717		you must turn your eyes from
Phone	423.457.8242		the world of men, and dare
FAX	423.457.8620		to fly among the stars....
Internet pluther at usit.net	After all, we are born with
				wings".  	Robert Sexton