Digital Unix GRASS installation

Simon Cox simon at ned.dem.csiro.au
Tue Jun 10 17:53:37 EDT 1997

Ian - we installed grass with the alpha patch 7 - thanks.
However, we are finding it buggy - so far most of the
vector programs don't work.  The error messages point
to type conflicts, etc.

I previously successfully installed GRASS using the alpha
patch 4.  This was on an older system running OSF/1 v3.2.
I've now upgraded to Digital Unix v4.0.  We are wondering
if this is the problem.  Have you done a successful install,
and which OS version are you using?   Suggestions?

thanks a lot - Simon Cox
Dr Simon Cox - Australian Geodynamics Cooperative Research Centre
CSIRO Exploration & Mining, PO Box 437, Nedlands, WA 6009 Australia
T:  +61 8 9389 8421   F:  +61 8 9389 1906   simon at ned.dem.csiro.au
http://www.ned.dem.csiro.au/CoxSimon/