Problems with GRASS binaries for Solaris (Help needed)

Surbat markos at usa.net
Tue Mar 11 19:31:26 EST 1997

                                             12.03.1997.
Hi, I'm new GRASS user (but one of the first in Croatia,Europe).
I work with GRASS binary release for Solaris , and here are my
questions for GRASS community:
 1) r.mapcalc - when I run this command, and after the process
is 100% complete program hangs still and gives no result (new map)
 2)I'm working with the 30 arc-second DCW DEM of west Europe
(eur1_dem.bil) and I want to "cut" the region of Croatia out
of it.I've tried to do this with m.dem.extract, but the same
problem as with r.mapcalc (1) occurs.What should I do ? (Is it
possible to achieve such operation with some other GRASS
command ?)
Any suggestions and references are welcome.Please send them to:
        markos at usa.net            or to
        msurbat at diana.zems.fer.hr
        msurbat at diana.zesoi.fer.hr  -->after 20.03.1997.
    Thanks in advance.     Marko