s.surf.tps on Linux

Philip Verhagen philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl
Fri Mar 14 05:31:22 EST 1997

> So I tried s.surf.tps and I got the message:
>
>  warning: there are pionts outside of region - will ignore
>  warning: strip exists with insufficient data
>  warning: there are points outside specified region - ignored n (nearly all)
> points
>  error: zero points in the given region
>
> - Input data format: 4434015 5628645 #44000
> - there are any #0 values
> - the region is set to default

Two guesses:

1) The input data should be separated with | (vertical bars)
2) Set your region to the extent of the site list with g.region; default
will probably not the right region (check this with g.region -p)

It is also worth considering creating a MASK that covers the area where
you have points available plus a reasonable buffer distance.

Hope this helps,

Philip Verhagen

                     philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl

                              R  A  A  P