problem:DXF, May '97

Leslie Apollon la at las.com
Mon May 5 18:21:42 EDT 1997

At 12:18 PM 5/5/95 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi' GRASS User's:
>
>I'm have one map in format dxf, it have point that represent pit.
>
>use v.in.dxf and v.in.support for to transform the format to GRASS4.1.
>
>of see the vector map created in the monitor appear line not points. why?
>
>Excuse me my english that isn't very good. Thanks in advancing for you help
>
>	Zorka
>
>e-mail:viewps at llareta.dagh.uta.cl

Probably that your point was represented by a label in your cad file, so
Grass did create a line from the string.

Look in the dig_att directory, you should find the centroid for the lines.
Create a point with those coordinates (the point format description should
not be hard to find in the grass documentation).

Hope it helps...
Leslie Apollon, M.Sc Géographie
Conseiller SIG - Support Technique

LAS Inc.                       tel. : (514) 858-1104
1570, rue Chabanel Ouest       fax  : (514) 389-9373
Montréal, Québec, Canada       e-mail: la at las.com
H4N 1H4

Grassland home-page : http://www.las.com/grassland