No subject

Kathy Burroughs kathy at nrcsga.ga.nrcs.usda.gov
Thu May 15 13:04:39 EDT 1997

State Plane Problems

Thanks to all of you who responded to my intital problem with my
state plane data being shifted from east to west.  (Ishmael, Tom,
Malcolm and Burce).  You all had the same idea that the data may
be in a different datum than the rest of my data.

This brings me to a new question.  When creating a state plance
location it does not give you an option to pick a datum.  What is
the default and how can you change it to the other datum. I have
received some soil data from the field and it is now doing the same
thing.  When ran through v.import it is okay north to south but is
shifted way east.   I am stumped.  I usually work with UTM and this
has me floored.   Please be very basic in your responses for this
is new to me.  Thanks in advance.
Kathy Burroughs
GIS Spec.   NRCS-Georgia