setup question

Hiroshi YAJIMA yajima at cv.tottori-u.ac.jp
Sun May 25 20:01:19 EDT 1997

In message <199705252027.QAA53526 at r02n02.cac.psu.edu>
   "setup question"
   "htf1 at psu.edu (H. Thomas Foster, II)" wrote:

htf1> the instructions for the Solaris 2.4 binary release say to make sure that the
htf1> LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes the /usr/openwin/bin in its path.   what is the
htf1> LD_LIBRARY_PATH for and where do i edit it?  thanks

I am a just new user of GRASS.
So if my answer is wrong, please point it out and answer correct one.

In your c-shell customize in file <.cshrc> at your home directory,
you can see the LD_LIBRALY_PATH. Please edit it.

And this is my question.
I installed Solaris 2.4 binary GRASS.
Now I exercise GRASS using GRASS SEEDS BEGINNER'S TUTORIAL,
but I find three problems.
If someone knows the reason, please let me know.

1. The command 'd.what.rast' dose not work.
2. When using 'r.buffer', it always core dump.
3. When I use xgrass, I cannot input the character through the keyboard.

I am waiting for the reply.
Thank you.

/|+     Hiroshi YAJIMA (Research Associate, Dr.Eng.)
 |      Dept.of Civil Eng., Tottori University
/|++     tel:+81(857)31-5696   fax:+81(857)28-7899