i.rectify

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed Sep 24 10:28:17 EDT 1997

Have you looked at r.out.tiff? This produces 8-bit tiffs only.

> My second problem is less obvious : I've scanned a map in 15 images.
> Before digitizing it (with another software), I've i.rectified each of
> them
> (i.rectify2, 3rd order, at least 30 GCP's per image). When I try to
> put the 15 rectified images together (after an r.out.tga) in any
> software
> (I'm now using CorelXARA under Windows) there are some distorsions, but
> if
> I first r.patch those and then r.out.tga the result, it fits perfectly!
> I thought the images produced by i.rectify2 were... rectified!!!
> You could say : "never mind, use r.patch!". Yes, except that it would
> produce a file my poor Pentium 133, 64 MB of RAM and 4GB of HDD wouldn't
> dare
> to just look at it!

Could you give a little more information about the images that you are
scanning? Unless they are non-ortho-rectified aerial photos, chances are
that you really only need a first order rectification, simply to
geo-reference them. I'm really unclear about whether you were r.patch-ing
them before or after rectification.

	-Malcolm