problem with d.mon

Antonio Rodriguez Verdugo rod.chav at hsoft.es
Sun Apr 5 10:01:36 EDT 1998

At 09:29 PM 3/04/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>I have a problem with graphics monitor.
>I recently have changed motherboard and video card and installed a new
version of Xfree86 (3.3.2 on linux 2.0.29, Slackware 3.2). Grass4.1 starts
without problems but graphics monitor doesn't work. When I run d.mon
start=x0, it gives me the following message:

>X Error of failed request: Badmatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request: 78 (X_CreateColormap)
>   Serial number of failed request: 78
>   Current serial number in output stream: 79
>Please start graphics monitor <x0>
>Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!
>Problem selecting x0. will try once more..
>I've tried to install grass again but with the same results.
>Any help appreciated.
>Thanks
>Valerio

Dear Valerio,

I've had the same problem some time ago. I solved the problem, selecting
(during RedHat linux installation) the 8 bit video mode. I hope this helps

Antonio Rodríguez-Verdugo
IRNAS-CSIC
Sevilla, Spain