Grass for MkLinux

Stevan Bullard sbullard at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 21 15:01:30 EDT 1998

At 12:11 PM 4/21/98, Markus Neteler wrote:

>please make use of GRASS 4.2.1 (why should you ignore so much
>improvements... :) ).

I would agree.  In my attempts so far at compiling Grass on my powermac(
vers. 4.1.5, 4.2, and 4.2.1) I had the best results with 4.2.1 ( Thank you
Markus) Most complies with gcc set to -traditional -mcpu=powerpc. The
modules that fail then seem to compile ok with -traditional turned off, gcc
set as ansi. BUT I still haven't gotten anything running. Even though
something compiles I get lots of warning messages during the process.