Importing ArcInfo files

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed Aug 19 09:15:53 EDT 1998

Stephan,
The files that you are looking at are in the ArcINFO "export" format, as
indicated by the ".e00" extension. This is a proprietary format that
cannot be directly imported into GRASS. The only ArcINFO format that
GRASS can directly import is the ASCII "ungenerate" format. These days,
SDTS format is also a reasonable choice for moving files from ArcINFO to
GRASS (and vice versa).

The only way that I know of to get these files into GRASS is to use a
version of ArcINFO to translate them to one of the above mentioned
formats. Sorry!
	-Malcolm Williamson