world data for GRASS

Herve Dreau hdreau at worldnet.fr
Sun Aug 30 18:09:53 EDT 1998

Hello dear grass community,
For an internet GIS project in medical field (monitoring of the human
and animal rabies) i'm searching a world political map.
I lost some hours in surfing to try to find such a thing but the most
adapted to my plan was the world data found in the grass data but it's outdated.
I'll try to import some dataset demo of  arc explorer but i miss some
polygons and i lost the label of the polygon.
I don't want a big map, only a free  accurate political map (i don't want
to zoom more than at a country level)

I plan to use the wonderfull java GRASS interface (Grass-jni) because
the site is servlet based and i don't wan't to use CGI

Thank you for your help.

--
Hervé Dréau Interne en Médecine
hdreau at worldnet.fr dreau at hbroussais.fr