ANNOUNCE: new GRASS 4.2.1 (V.16)

Michel Wurtz - LTE mw at engees.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jun 11 03:24:28 EDT 1998

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Dear GRASS Community,
>
> again it is time for an update of the current
> GRASS 4.2.1 version...

I don't whether I'm alone or not, but I'm still trying to get the
v16 version : Since the server does not recognise the ftp "REGET"
command, it's *very* frustating tg get only 43mb and no other
possibility to get the last Mb than to reload the entire archive
(Yes, my connexion is slow and the french reaserch network is
oversaturated... I know, I know).

=> A suggestion for Markus : Is there a possibility to split the
archive in smaller files ? I admit it will be less user-friendly
for loading through a web browser, but with ftp you have just to
use mget instead of get... (I use often "split -b 1420k" to have a
size compatable with 1.44Mb floppies)

BTW, I really appreciate your work for grass/linux.  thanks again !

--
Michel Wurtz    ENGEES - Laboratoire Territoires & Environnement
                1, quai Koch - BP 1039, F-67070 STRASBOURG cedex