ANNOUNCE: new GRASS 4.2.1 (V.16)

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Jun 11 13:09:45 EDT 1998

> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > Dear GRASS Community,
> >
> > again it is time for an update of the current
> > GRASS 4.2.1 version...
> >

> I don't whether I'm alone or not, but I'm still trying to get the
> v16 version : Since the server does not recognise the ftp "REGET"
> command, it's *very* frustating tg get only 43mb and no other
> possibility to get the last Mb than to reload the entire archive
> (Yes, my connexion is slow and the french reaserch network is
> oversaturated... I know, I know).
>
> => A suggestion for Markus : Is there a possibility to split the
> archive in smaller files ? I admit it will be less user-friendly
> for loading through a web browser, but with ftp you have just to
> use mget instead of get... (I use often "split -b 1420k" to have a
> size compatable with 1.44Mb floppies)

Hi,

what do you - the GRASS community - think of establishing some
mirror servers? I could offer all the stuff (including the pages).
Mirrors we need at least in
  - northern america
  - asia
  - europe

Required is a web space of 150 MB or more.

Comments are welcome....

   Markus Neteler

Geographisches Institut           |            Institute of Geography
   Physische Geographie                          Physical Geography
 & Landschaftsoekologie                        & Landscape Ecology
Universitaet Hannover                 University of Hannover, Germany
                     neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
             http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/users/neteler/