problems to open graphics device

sx Wu w.sx at mailexcite.com
Tue Mar 10 12:04:45 EST 1998

Hi,

I got an error message when I tried to open GRASS monitor from a remote PC. The error
message is:

X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    Major opcode of failed request: 78 (X_CreateColormap)
    Serial number of failed request:  227
Error - Can't set up pipe to graphics device.
Problem selecting x1. Will try once more.
Error - Can't set up pipe to graphics device.

By the way, it doesn't have that problem when I run GRASS from the SUN console. I
think I set the "xhost" correctly in my PC and I have no problem to
link to open windows/graphics from other software remotely.

I am a new user in using GRASS. Thank you much for your help.

S.X. Wu

http://www.mailexcite.com