Creating MASK from vect

Donald Newcomb newcomb at navo.hpc.mil
Mon May 4 03:07:41 EDT 1998

My suggestion would be to go back to the vector file in v.digit. Add a
loop around your study area (either land or sea) and label that as a
polygon of type 1. Then convert the polygon vector file to raster. This
will produce a mask file that will have one value over water and another
over land.

Donald R. Newcomb              * newcomb at navo.hpc.mil
Naval Oceanographic Office     * newcombd at navo.navy.mil
Stennis Space Center, MS 39522 * Voice: (228) 688-5998
FAX: (228) 688-5485            * DSN: 485-5998