Solaris and XGRASS 4.2.1

Clifton Wood cbwood at vt.edu
Tue May 5 15:08:46 EDT 1998

Hey again!

> So before I start examining every line with a fine tooth comb...has
> anyone gotten XGrass to work on a Sun UltraSPARC running Solaris v2.6?
> That way at least I'll have some inkling as to how serious the problem
> is.

After mucking about with the sources some more, I decided to upgrade the
installed copy of LessTIF with the one provided in the 4.2.1 release and
then recompiled the actual xgrass EXE. It runs now and pops up a window,
but when it prompts me for a database, I only see the first part, (the
path where the locations are stored - GISBASE) I don't see any
of our installed locations or mapsets. How do I set this up under
XGrass? Or is there still something wrong with the executable that's
preventing these choices from appearing?

Thanks.

							- Cliff
Clifton B. Wood
Programmer/Analyst for Virginia Tech's AGNIS Department