XDRIVER_24bit

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Nov 19 04:23:06 EST 1998

Hi,

the 24bit driver supports 8bit as well (depending on you X11 configuration).
I use it with 16bit (due to hardware limitations) and could fix
all color mapping problems. "colormode float" is unnecessay then, because
you will have enough colors also for all programs beside the GRASS monitor.

You just have to set the color depth in .xserverrc, change the driver
(or the link) in grass42/driver/ and enjoy.

  Markus