Xgrass question

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Oct 20 06:17:39 EDT 1998

Hello Podlovchenko

On Oct 19,  9:32am, Valentin Podlovchenko wrote:
> How I can install xgrass and what's is ;)

Xgrass is basically a graphical user interface to GRASS, but it is no longer
supported and as far as I know is not being developed. However, you can use
tcltkgrass which basically does the same thing as xgrass and is currently
supported and under development (ie getting better all the time). It is also
much easier to install - no compilation is required. You can get tcltkgrass
from Marcus Neteler's site at

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/

or one of the mirror sites closest to you.

Hope this helps.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th