More Grasslinks questions

Peter G. Jacobs jacobsp at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 3 02:46:26 EDT 1998

I was able to take care of the permissions problem as per your suggestion,
Mr. Raghavan.  Thanks a lot.

My latest problem with installing Grasslinks, however, is that I did not
get a ppm binary driver with my Grass installation, just a preview and a
preview2 driver.  I wrote out the ppm shell text file and put it in
/grass42/etc/paint/driver.sh/ppm.  However, the binary driver that I'm
assuming is supposed to go in /grass42/etc/paint/driver/ppm is not there
since it didn't come with my Grass database.  If anyone has a copy of this
binary driver that I could obtain via ftp or has another suggestions as to
how I can locate it, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you
Pete
At 12:52 PM 8/31/98 +0900, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>Hi,
>Are you able to access the Grasslinks1 mapset in the GRASS command mode?
>May be you should use Grass command g.mapsets to put the grasslinks1-5 in
>current mapset search path and try to access each of these mapsets in
>the command mode first. If you can access them in the command mode, there
>should be no problem for GrassLinks to access the database.
>Hope this helps
>Bye
>Venkatesh Raghavan
>
>Peter G Jacobs wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am having a permission error occur after I installed Grasslinks and
tried accessing my GRASS database through my web server.  I get an error
that says that grasslinks1 does not have permission to access the database.
 I tried to set up grasslinks1-grasslinks5 as new users on my operating
system in the /etc/passwd file and then make them a part of the grass user
group that has access to the database (/etc/group), but this doesn't seem
like what you're supposed to do (as it mentions nothing of this in the
grasslinks installation instructions- and it didn't solve the problem).
All of the file/directory permissions are wide open for all files in the
mapsets.  If anybody has experience working with grasslinks and think you
can help me, I would appreciate it greatly.