3d-visualisation

Frank Lederer Lederer at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Sep 7 20:47:58 EDT 1998

Hi all,

unfortunately there was no request to my celldriver/24bit-question on
the list.

>> when I r.out.tiff rastermaps, they look much better than displayed in
>> the grass-monitor, the full amount of colors is visible by using an
>> external viewer. When I r.out.tiff the d.3d-D_cell, the image is looking
>> as poor as at the grass-monitor....  What is the reason, is there a way
>> to get a D_cell.tiff of better quality?

>As Malcolm said, the CELL driver seems to be only 8-bit. So I looked at
>the sources and found following in/src/display/devices/CELL/Graph_Set.c:
> * NCOLORS is set to the total number of colors available on the device.  This
> * most certainly needs to be more than 100 (or so).

>int   NCOLORS      = 256 ;

>I increased NCOLORS - but when I want to have more than 310 colors
>(I'm working on a linux-machine / XDRIVER24), the cell driver does not
>start.Maybe somebody on the list has experiences with this problem (does
>Dave Gerdes listen??)

Is there an other way to do it? I'm just trying to work with vis5d and
have problems with compiling an import filter for grass raster files.
Maybe someone knows a (better/different) solution....

thanks
--

		Frank Lederer
		Sandweg 64