libcurses.so.1 !

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Sep 11 10:29:35 EDT 1998

> Hi eveerybody there,
> i'm a newbie to grass and just a little bit more experienced in Linux.  My
> problem is that I have installed Linux RedHat 5.1 and (just like the
> previous release) it doesn't come with the libs in the subject.  It comes
> with libncurses.so.4 and libncurses.so.3 but nothing more that that.  I rea=
> the installation instructions from Markus that says that libelf can be used
> as well, but I don't know how.  I have those libraries installed too.  I am
> using grass4.21_bin10 and I have no experience in compiling stuff.  I guess
> the easiest thing would be to download the libcurses package already
> compiled and ready to go.  Does it exist somewhere?  Or would any nice guy
Hi,

please visit the GRASS 4.2.1 FAQ:
 http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass_faq.html

>From there you can download the library libcurses.

... and you can get an improved GRASS 4.2.1. The next update will
come in ten days or so with corrections for several modules (r.param.scale
for example, someone was asking for that) and some new scripts.

Best wishes

 Markus Neteler