GRASS to ArcView

Wayne Thogmartin wthogma at siu.edu
Fri Sep 18 15:49:52 EDT 1998

I'm trying to bring a vegmap from GRASS into ARCVIEW; it doesn't matter too
much right now if the image is grid or vector.  First, in GRASS, I
converted the raster image into a vector coverage.  Then, I used v.out.arc
to create an ARC/INFO coverage, complete with  .lab, .pol (big one, about
13mb), and .txt files.  Apparently, this was insufficient, because ARC/INFO
(7.2.1 on an NT machine) is not reading this as a coverage.  It was my
intention to move this image from ARC/INFO into ARCVIEW.  Anybody have any
ideas why the coverage isn't being recognized?  Anybody have any easier
ways to import GRASS raster files into ARCVIEW?  One other ploy we might
try is to move the GRASS raster image into TNTMIPS as a raster, then into
ARC/INFO, and then finally into ARCVIEW (Can you tell I'm about to scream
right now :) ).  Any assistance would certainly be appreciated.  Thanks,

Wayne Thogmartin                               		wthogma at siu.edu
Upland Wildlife/Habitat Project			618.453.5495 (office)
Cooperative Wildlife Research Laboratory	618.453.6944 (fax)
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, IL 62901-6504

"The dwarf standing on the shoulders of a giant sees farther than he who
carries him"