ascii DXF files

Ben Horner-Johnson ben at earth.nwu.edu
Thu Sep 24 11:05:13 EDT 1998

I am trying to import ASCII DXF files into GRASS.  I haven't been able to
find where to put them so that GRASS will see them.  If I put them in a
"dig" directory, the v.import command sees them as binary and proceeds to
import them until it runs out of memory.  I've been through the introduction
to GRASS written by Markus Neteler (not thoroughly through it, but enough so
that I haven't found anything obvious).  The manual pages for v.import,
v.in.dxf and v.in.dxf3d haven't been helpful in this regard.  The FAQ doesn't
cover this either.

g.list will list binary vector data in the dig directory.

I'm using 4.2.1v18b.  I realize 4.2.1v19 has come out, but haven't gone through
the download/compile process yet.

Thanks,

Ben Horner-Johnson
ben at earth.nwu.edu