Digitizing using a mouse

Me'sza'ros Ferenc ferenc at relief.hu
Mon Apr 12 17:19:50 EDT 1999

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Morten Sickel wrote:

> I have recently compiled Grass 4.2.1 for a SparcStation running
> linux 2.0.35 /redhat 5.2. Most things seems to work, except for the
> digitizing. My plan was to georefer and rectify scanned images,
> then use the image as a backdrop for digitizing with the mouse (I
> have used that method on Arc/Info with reasonable results) But,
> when I start v.digit, I get to the point where I have a screen like
>
> |Point number 0
> |
> |    Buttons:
> |       Left:   Mark a point
> |       Middle: (Backup one point)
> |       Right:  Quit digitizing
>
> etc. Then absolutely nothing happens. I am not able to draw
> anything on the monitor, and I am not able to Quit the digitizing. I
> have been looking in the mailinglistarchives and in the files under
> the v.digit directory, bu have so far not found anything helpful...
Morten,

You don't say what sort of digitiser hardware you have, but chances are
good that it is not interfacing with GRASS on the Sparc. We'd be a step
forward if we knew what sort of digitiser you are taming.

Regards,

MF
phone/fax: +36-88-272644  | Microsoft is not the answer.
 cellular: +36-20-9576742 | Microsoft is the question, and the answer is no.