lock program in grass4.2 - "file not found" even though it's there

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Mon Apr 26 08:15:20 EDT 1999

Hi Markus,
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Markus Neteler wrote:

> libc.so.5 based systems are: Redhat 4.x, SuSe 5.x, COL 1.3 (Caldera)
>     -> go for GRASS 4.2.1 (V.21) or newer distributions

That should  read GRASS 4.2.1 (V.20), isn't it?

> Or you compile the source code yourself, then you avoid the
> problem.

If one is compiling from source on libc.so.5 based systems the
CURSES              = -lncurses $(TERMLIB)
line in the "../src421/src/CMD/head/linux" file also needs to
be edited as below;

CURSES              = -lcurses $(TERMLIB)

since libc.so.5 based systems normally curses instead of ncurses.
I just compiled from the source file but needed to make the above
change on my libc.so.5 based system.

Venkatesh Raghavan