exec: wish8.0: not found

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at uwm.edu
Mon Apr 26 15:06:55 EDT 1999

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 09:29:42AM -0700, Jeff Hamann wrote:
> when I attempt to execute some of the grass commands like r.report
> they aren't available. why?
I don't know. Check for the existance of that binary.

> is there a way to check to make sure
> all the file compiled and installed correctly?
It depends on how you did it. Usually there should be error message
but single binaries could have problems on its own.

> And what is wish8.0?
The tcl command interpreter.
> is it something I need to download.
Yes.

> [hamannj at ren hamannj]$ tcltkgrass&
> [1] 7397
> [hamannj at ren hamannj]$ exec: wish8.0: not found
> [1]+  Exit 127                tcltkgrass

The tcltkgrass GUI interface is written in tcl using tk.
so you need to install at least tcl/tk version 8.0.x.

http://www.scriptics.com/software/8.0.html

> how do I compile to files in src.alpha?
Don't know for grass 4.1  .

	Bernhard