Grass nad Linux

Hanno Saks hanno at lv.parnu.ee
Fri Apr 30 01:47:22 EDT 1999

Hi!

I met GRASS about half a year ago and for the most difficult was to
understand that something can operate like a part of operating system
not like an ordinary program, like Windows program ;)

The second thing was to understand what is location, mapset and etc.
And finally what is monitor. I find quite helpful (for me) to use
tcltkgrass. Thats helped me to understand what is what and why. And I
commited a 'murder' in my 'firm' budget and printed out everything (all
manuals and grass tutorials), thats quite helpful to...

Hanno Saks
LAN/WAN admin
GIS Developer
Pärnu Town Government Development Board