patches to 5.0beta + I'm stumped

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Aug 5 14:02:31 EDT 1999

Hello all

On Aug 5, 11:34am, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Is anybody summarizing the list of patches and fixes
> required to compile 5.0beta? I'm confused
> with the many messages on this regard.

I am compiling the beta2 code on our SGI Origin 2000 running IRIX 6.5 and am
keeping track of the problems and the fixes I have run into. I will post them
if someone wants them when I am finished. However, at the moment, I'm stumped.
I don't know much about how configure works and I have the following problem.

In the module grass5.0beta2/src/general/g.help I have error messages for the
file menu.c as follows:
	line 742: error(1565): struct "_win_st" has no field "NONE"
            	Maxlines = ((short)Numlines <= Windoname->CURSES_MAXY) ?

I have tracked the problem down to an entry in
grass5.0beta2/src/include/config.h which is as follows:
	/* define curses.h WINDOW structure component */
	#define CURSES_MAXY NONE

This line was generated from the following line in
grass5.0beta2/src/include/config.h.in
	/* define curses.h WINDOW structure component */
	#define CURSES_MAXY @CURSES_MAXY@

What is happening is that CURSES_MAXY is supposed to reference a member of the
_win_st struct defined in /usr/include/curses.h. However, the configure script
came up with "NONE" on my machine. So, does anyone know what should be the
proper value, and how I can get configure to find it?

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center