tcltkgrass errors

arch. Stefano Maffulli stefano.maffulli at DPMPE.UNIFI.IT
Mon Aug 16 05:04:50 EDT 1999

Hi again

I double checked and I discovered that only changing the write
permission to /tcltkgrass doesn't help: I am only able to run tcltkgrass
interface if I login as root!   If I login as another user it starts
drawing a window, then it stops and gives the error:

Mapset <stef> in Location <leics>
GRASS-GRID > Error in startup script: couldn't create error file for
command: no such file or directory
    while executing
"exec xwininfo -id [winfo id .w_g] | grep -i Corners"
    (file "/usr/local/grass42/tcltkgrass/main/gui.tcl" line 1511)
    invoked from within
"source $env(TCLTKGRASSBASE)/main/gui.tcl"
    (file "/usr/local/grass42/bin/tcltkgrass" line 17)

I checked the permission for /tmp and it seems ok: owner+group+other has
rwx permissions.  Also the program xwininfo works if invoked.

What else can it be?

thank you

stefano maffulli