GRASS Installation

Richard r.ibbotson at zetnet.co.uk
Sat Aug 28 13:38:05 EDT 1999

Hello

		Don't know if anyone can help but I thought I'd try anyway :-)

	I've downloaded GRASS 4.2 and unzipped it into my own Linux box
which uses SuSE 6.2.  all of the files and folders look as though
they are alright.  I've created two folders one is in /grass and the
other in /usr/local/grass4.2.  This is so that I can hack one of them
around and leave the other intact.

	I've read the installation instructions but they a little bit vague
for first time users.  How do I get the program to start up ?  Do I
have to alter the Grass4.2 executable to get it to go ?

Thanks

Richard
Sheffield UK