NEWBY: creating 3d output

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at uwm.edu
Tue Dec 7 22:12:25 EST 1999

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 02:13:18PM +0000, Marc Pelletier wrote:
> After selecting the device I run ps.map, specify an output file and arrive
> at an extremely unhelpful prompt. Now what? The ps.map documentation makes
> no mention of how to output the contents of the display to a map.
>
> Or do I somehow save the display contents to a raster?

Try the CELL driver, which can be used to output raster data to an
image file.

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass_faq.html

search for CELL

There are also some instructions to recompile the ps.map command
under linux. I appologise that there are so many little errors in
GRASS, we are working on it.

	Bernhard
--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.  (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net)