NEWBY: r.in.tiff versus Linux

Marc Pelletier Marc at datadonkey.com
Tue Dec 7 09:49:52 EST 1999

Hello,

I am attempting to import a tiff file using the above command, however when
I initially ran it I got a message saying that it could not locate shared
library libjpeg.so.6. Well in /usr/lib I found libjpeg.so.62.0.0 and
created a link to it called libjpeg.so.6 Then I ran ldconfig. However now
when I run r.in.tiff I get a segmentation violation error.

Any ideas?

Marc Pelletier