NEWBY: r.in.tiff versus Linux

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at uwm.edu
Tue Dec 7 22:14:50 EST 1999

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 02:49:52PM +0000, Marc Pelletier wrote:
> I am attempting to import a tiff file using the above command, however when
> I initially ran it I got a message saying that it could not locate shared
> library libjpeg.so.6.
Well this is strange.
Did you try to compile it yourself?
This might cure the problem.

> Well in /usr/lib I found libjpeg.so.62.0.0 and
> created a link to it called libjpeg.so.6 Then I ran ldconfig. However now
> when I run r.in.tiff I get a segmentation violation error.
There also might be a bug in your r.in.tiff version.
It might be a library mismatch.

	Bernhard
ps.: addendum to ps.map:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_421/html/ps.map.html
--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.  (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net)